Jenny Ryan: The Chase’s The Vixen unveils ‘surprise debut’ career move away from ITV show | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

“I didn’t even really enjoy listening to it.”

However, she is now hopeful that her cabaret show in London this weekend, which features drag queens and comedy acts, will be the perfect opportunity to re-introduce the public to her performance skills.

“I assumed that I wasn’t going to be doing anything, that I was going to leave it to the professionals, but my co-producer has absolutely insisted and put me on the bill, and has decided that I’m going to be doing at least one number,” she explained.

“You never know, maybe a record producer will be in the crowd and demand that we record something together!”

Jo Wood opens up on love life after split from ex Ronnie Wood ‘Quite happy as I am’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Jo Wood has opened up on her love life following her split from her ex-husband, Rolling Stones guitarist, Ronnie Wood. Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk, the former model, 67, didn’t rule out marrying for a third time but said that it’s not on her mind at the moment as she’s “happy” being single.

Ahead of marrying the Stones musician, Jo was previously married to Peter Greene.

In 1973, the couple eloped to Las Vegas but divorced three years later.

Earlier this year, Jo addressed the reason behind her split from sports development consultant Carl Douglas, admitting she had too much “emotional stuff going on” following the death of her brother Paul.

In 2020, the former model was dealt the heartbreaking news that her brother had died of Covid after being hospitalised with breathing problems.

Jo was heartbroken by the news as her sibling’s health decline was “incredibly sudden” and he wasn’t believed to have been ill before his death.

However, it was later uncovered that Paul was also battling heart disease.

During this difficult time, the former model has now said that the loss of her brother is what led to the end of her relationship with Carl later that year.

In a new interview with Platinum magazine, the former model expressed how she was still coming to terms with Paul’s death and no longer felt like the romance with Carl was a priority of hers.

“I think I had so much emotional stuff going on that I couldn’t deal with being in that relationship,” she told the publication.

“It was very hard for me, losing my brother, and I couldn’t give.

“I needed to be on my own.”

Speaking of Paul’s death, the mother-of-three believed he would have died regardless of whether Covid had infected him or not due to this heart condition.

‘I’m so nervous!’ Stacey Solomon fears backlash over Bake Off: The Professionals debut | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Stacey Solomon, 32, has spoken out about being “nervous” about the first episode of Bake Off: The Professionals airing on Tuesday evening. Stacey has replaced comedian Tom Allen, 38, to present the show alongside 2017 Great British Bake Off contestant, Liam Charles, 24.

Each week, contestants will be taking on a range of baking challenges with the aim of impressing returning judges, Benoit Blin and Cherish Finden.

As the Channel 4 baking show made its debut, Stacey said she was worried about any trolling she might receive.

Taking to her Instagram Story, Stacey told her 5.2 million followers: “Oh my gosh, I just got a message from Bake Off, I completely forgot it starts tonight!

“I’m so nervous because when you are on the telly, people let you know if they hate you.

READ MORE:Jennifer Saunders says ‘no one warned her’ of ‘brutal’ health struggle

“If you watch it tonight, I hope you enjoy it and I’d love to know what you think.

“Unless of course you think I’m a big horse face who shouldn’t be on the telly.

“Then in that case, don’t let me know!”

In a follow-up clip, Stacey revealed that her pal Sophie Hinchliffe – otherwise known as Mrs Hinch – had helped to settle her nerves.

Mrs Hinch also shared a snap of the sweet moment and gushed that she is “proud” of her friend.

It comes after Stacey opened up about how stressful she found filming the show and admits that she was nearly brought to tears because the pressure was so “intense”.

She explained: “My first weekend of filming was so dramatic.  

“I thought, ‘Is this normal?’ It was intense and crazy. It was just really frantic and a lot happened.

“Honestly, my heart sank so many times on that first episode I thought I was going to cry.”

She also added to The Sun that her co-stars put her at ease and immediately made her feel like she was “part of the family”.

Bake Off: The Professionals airs Tuesdays at 8pm on Channel 4. 

Braless Kristen Stewart risks wardrobe malfunction as Bond Girl pal Léa’s Cannes gown wows | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Kristen Stewart and Léa Seydoux attended the 75th Cannes Film Festival together to mark their new movie Crimes Of The Future.

Kristen, 32, boasted a completely braless look, flaunting her incredible physique in nothing but an eye-catching Chanel suit.

Her red and white striped tweed suit risked a red carpet wardrobe malfunction, as it hung loosely open at the front, with all the buttons but one left undone.

She positioned a black and white CC brooch on the left pocket to showcase the brand, while her co-star, Daniel Craig’s former Bond girl Léa, wore a chic black suit and pale pink floral tie.

Lea might have sported an androgynous look for that photo session, pairing the suit with a crisp white shirt and wearing her hair in a short bob, but later that day, she returned to her Bond girl roots in a sensational patent leather dress.

The top section of her gown featured a vinyl effect, while the lower portion was designed with a dramatic split up the thigh.

The pair both looked delighted to be back after a two year absence from the festival owing to the pandemic.

As the cameras snapped away beside them, the actresses were all smiles at the glamorous event.

‘It hurts!’ Strictly’s Karen Hauer shares pics of painful physio to heal ‘aching muscles’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Karen Hauer took to Instagram today to share some snaps of her demanding physiotherapy session with her 281,000 followers. The Strictly Come Dancing star, 40, admitted that she was “hurting” but explained that the physio was needed in order to reduce her muscle ache as she features in the hit dance programme’s live shows across the country.

Karen shared some pictures of herself on the physiotherapy table, as parts of her body were moved around and manipulated to improve her aches and pains.

One snap showed her receiving a form of acupuncture beside fellow Strictly dancer Luba Mushtuk, as physiotherapist Doug Jones could be seen smiling in the background.

The last photo showed an exhausted Karen looking close to tears as she closed her eyes and put her head on the pillow.

Under the snaps she wrote: “Yesterday’s day off = Physio.

READ MORE: James Jordan’s wife Ola addresses ‘difficult’ family farewell

“Good afternoon. Yes, I’m still in bed,” she began. “I’m trying to take advantage of staying in bed for as long as possible and not move.

“By the way, if anyone finds my spine in Nottingham, could you please send it to me? FedEx it,” she joked.

“You know what, my body’s feeling ok and I had physio yesterday. We had our day off, which was nice.

“But yeah, it’s been gruelling and I think that the only part of my body that’s feeling ok right now is my knee,” she said with a laugh.

“It’s the only thing that’s feeling great, because everything else is falling apart!

“But you know what? We have our last week of shows. I’m looking forward to it.

“I’m feeling very positive and excited to be here in Leeds, Blackpool, Scotland and then finally home to my man and my doggies – I can’t wait,” she concluded, before signing off the message.

Last year, Karen suffered a knee injury that forced her to miss out on the Strictly final, but has since made a huge recovery.

Martin Lewis addresses ‘skeletons in closet’ as he’s branded ‘most trusted man in Britain’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Martin Lewis, 50, has spoken out about being held to such a high regard that he is branded the “most trusted man” in the country thanks to his money saving expertise. The journalist states that although the compliments are “very nice”, he maintains that he is “no saint”.

He said: “Honestly, I read about myself on Twitter and online and all these people say, ‘You’d be a great chancellor’, or ‘you should be prime minister’ or ‘this is the most trusted man in Britain’.

“It is all very nice, but I’m no saint, I’m a real human being.”

Martin explained to host Gabby Logan that he has done “lots of cr***y things” throughout his life.

He continued on her The Mid.Point podcast: “I’ve been mean to people at times, I’ve got skeletons in the closet.

“I don’t know what they are. I can’t think of them right now, but I’m sure there were some there. Right?  

“All of those things, you know, I am not infallible and it’s lovely of you to make me out that way.”

He also points out that he finds the positive “narrative” so difficult to accept because his wealth puts him in a “very different position” to the majority of people in the country.

Martin went on: “I have more influence than most people should have, and I have an expertise in my subject. So, it is very easy for me to be that honourable, trusted person in a vocational life.

“There’s a difficulty that the narrative paints me as what an amazing human being… I’m a fortunate human being.  

“I’m a lucky person to be in the position to make choices that were easy.”

The Mid.Point with Gabby Logan is available on all major podcast platforms.

Last week, Martin was forced to issue a public apology to Ofgem staff after he “lost his rag” in an “emotional rant”.

He took to Twitter to explain that he was angered by the regulator’s proposition that the energy price cap could rise every three months instead of six.

As a result, Martin says he responded in an “inappropriate” way.

The TV star penned in view of his 1.5 million followers: “I’d like to formally apologise to the @ofgem staff for losing my rag in a background briefing just now and saying its changes are a ‘f***ing disgrace that sells consumers down the river’.    

“I should’ve behaved better. My ire’s institutional not individual, it was inappropriate.”

Martin concluded that he has “had good meetings with Ofgem for years” and apologised that it “blew up”.  

He also added that the staff members were “calm” while he “wasn’t”.  

He finished his apology stating: “Please accept that was (and this is) an emotional rant, not a considered piece.
 
“I pray when I do further analysis I have to apologise again as I’ve got it very wrong (if not I worry about dire consequences for consumers – we must do more to make things better for them).”

Cara Delevingne flashes the flesh in daring cut-out bandage dress at Cannes Film Festival | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Model Cara Delevingne was turning heads on the French Riviera this week as she appeared at the 75th anniversary of the event in a show-stopping bandage dress, following two unfortunate years when the festival could not take place. She arrived at today’s 75th anniversary celebrations to watch the forthcoming movie The Innocent, while also posing for red carpet pictures with pal and Balmain’s creative director Olivier Rousteing.

Cara looked sensational in her floor-length bandage maxi dress, which featured a long trailing bustle that swept out behind her as she walked.

She paired it with sheer black elbow-length gloves and looked every inch an opera star, while her pal Olivier opted for an all-white suit.

The close friendship between the pair has been well-documented since they kissed each other on the lips for the cameras at a 2019 event celebrating the Puma x Balmain collaboration, which Cara had acted as a “visionary” for, while Olivier brought the idea to life.

He also told the world that his model pal had “a sexy brain”.

Olivier’s net worth stands at over $100 million, while Cara’s is a reported $28 million.

‘Couldn’t do half-a**ed job’ Richard Osman insists as Pointless starts filming without him | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

“My dad’s side of the family wasn’t something I was interested in because that’s not the family I grew up in,” he explained.

“It would, in a funny way, be like learning about strangers.”

He was much more interested in discovering the Brighton history of his maternal family.

During the show, viewers will witness him learning that his four times great grandfather, fisherman Gabriel Gillam, was forced to turn to smuggling to feed his family, after fighting severely debilitating poverty.

“Early 19th-century Brighton was an incredibly poor place if you came from the fishing community,” he elaborated.

The full interview with Richard appears in Radio Times (www.radiotimes.com)

‘Starting to panic’ Stacey Solomon ‘battling her anxiety’ just before wedding to Joe Swash | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

“Happy Sunday everyone. Lots of love from your bafta nominated neat freak.”

Adding black heart emojis, Stacey thanked her “best friend” Joe.

Something that helps Stacey feel calmer is her keen interest in organising.

Writing in her column for The Sun, Stacey said: “I think that exercise, cooking, crafting, all of these things are just different forms of meditation.

“Now I recognise a pattern, and have been able to see my triggers.

“Before bed I try and read the most brain-hurty, intelligent book I can.

“One that’s so hard to read no other thoughts can creep into my mind.

“After 10 pages I’m usually exhausted and fall asleep.”

Express.co.uk has contacted representatives for Stacey Solomon for comment.

Piers Morgan reignites Naomi Osaka feud after she suggests Wimbledon absence ‘Sulky brat’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Naomi Osaka, formerly the world’s number one female tennis player, has announced she may avoid playing Wimbledon this year after learning that the tournament has been stripped of ranking points. The decision was taken after organisers banned Russian and Belarussian players from competing, but Piers Morgan fired back at her announcement on Twitter today, saying that he wouldn’t want to see the “sulky brat” on the court.

While Japanese star Naomi branded the tournament “pointless”, asking viewers to pardon the pun, Piers delivered the thumbs up emoji to his 7.9 million followers, quipping: “Great! We don’t want this sulky brat anyway.”

Naomi had previously announced plans to take time out from the sport for mental health reasons and had also refused to do a series of televised interviews on the same grounds.

Now, speaking to the press after yesterday’s first-round defeat at the French Open in Paris, she told the world that without ranking points, she wasn’t sure going to London to take part was worth her while.

“I would love to go just to get some experience on grass,” she revealed.

READ NOW: Jennifer Saunders says ‘no one warned her’ of ‘brutal’ health struggle

“But at the same time, for me, it’s kind of – I don’t want to say pointless, no pun intended,” she explained in a reference to the ATP and WTA’s decision to downgrade Wimbledon this year.

“But I’m the type of player that gets motivated by seeing my ranking go up.”

While she acknowledged that the intention behind removing the prestigious event’s point system might have been “very good”, she admitted it was deterring her from attending.

Naomi explained: “I’m not sure why, but If I play Wimbledon without points, it’s more like an exhibition.

“Someone is going to get crowned the champion [but] they are just not going to get 2000 points,” he lamented.

Meanwhile, it isn’t the first time that Piers has taken aim at Naomi for her attitude.

Last year, he raged: “Speaking of frauds, tennis star Naomi Osaka has spent most of the year whining, crying, throwing racket-breaking tantrums on court, and blaming the media for her poor form and mental health issues.”

Speaking of a public appearance she made at the 2021 Met Gala, he exclaimed in his Daily Mail column: “She rocked up, as sulky faced as ever, to parade in front of the world’s media in an outrageous Louis Vuitton outfit that screamed ‘GIVE ME ATTENTION!'”

He added that she was an “arrogant spoilt brat” after learning of her withdrawal from the French Open, sparking a backlash among those who felt he was trivialising mental health issues.

However, not to be defeated, Piers later returned to Twitter to punctuate his opinions, using video evidence of the behaviour he was honing in on.

“People got very upset when I suggested Naomi Osaka may be a spoiled brat,” he wrote, before adding: “Here she is repeatedly smashing up rackets…”

Meanwhile @tgram39 supported Piers’ tweet and had no concerns about the impact of Naomi’s possible absence from Wimbledon.

“She’s not bigger than the game or tournament,” he shrugged. “Someone else will take her place.”