Would Jason Oppenheim Double Date With Ex Chrishell Stause? He Says…

The sun hasn’t set on this friendship.

Jason Oppenheim and Chrishell Stause may be exes, but that doesn’t mean there’s bad blood between the Selling Sunset stars. In fact, Jason and Chrishell, who are now both in new relationships, might be in the market for a double date.

While chatting with E! News at Netflix’s Day Shift premiere on Aug. 10, Jason, who is dating model Marie-Lou Nurk, confirmed that he would be down to hang out with Chrishell and G Flip as couples.

“I could do it,” he shared. “I love going to dinner with Chrishell and I like G a lot too. I could do it. We could do it.”

He added, “I’m in. Chrishell, if you’re in, I’m in.”

Now, it’s not totally shocking to learn that Jason would be game. After all, the real estate broker did throw Chrishell a surprise birthday party last month at Catch Steak in Los Angeles.

This is the Marriage Advice David & Victoria Beckham Gave Son Brooklyn

With 23 years of marriage under their belt, Victoria and David Beckham had plenty of words of wisdom to share with their newlywed son, Brooklyn Beckham, and his wife, Nicola Peltz.

Brooklyn recalled that his parents told him, “Just love each other, try and not worry about anything, and keep working,” exclusively with E! News’ Daily Pop at the Variety Power of Young Hollywood event on Aug. 11, at which he was among this year’s honorees. Their last bit of advice? “Just try and have fun.”

Brooklyn has certainly been enjoying married life since he Nicola tied the knot in April. “I have my best mate with me all the time,” he gushed to Daily Pop‘s Francesca Amiker. “So, it’s amazing.”

He even honored the 27-year-old actress with some body ink, as he got her eyes tattooed on the back of his neck, explaining to Daily Pop, “My wife has gorgeous eyes, and I was like, ‘Why not?'” His latest tattoo—which he debuted Aug. 11—is also in celebration of their nuptials, as he got the word “married” written across his hand.

Carson Daly Recalls Fearing Death at “Insane” Woodstock ’99 Festival

Carson Daly is remembering a terrifying time in music history.

Following the release of the Netflix documentary Trainwreck: Woodstock ’99, Carson recalled what it was like to host MTV’s Total Request Live at the Woodstock ’99 festival.

“All I can say is I thought I was going to die,” he wrote in an Aug. 11 Instagram post.

Carson, 49, said it “started off great” as he interviewed artists like Jay Kay of the band Jamiroquai from the side of the main stage. But then they “started getting pelted with bottles, rocks, lighters, all of it,” he recalled.

According to Rolling Stone, the event, which was an ode to the original Woodstock festival in 1969, hosted over 200,000 people in New York and ended in riots, violence, allegations of sexual assault and fire set off by festival-goers.

“It got insane, fast,” Carson continued. “Nightfall, Limp plays ‘Break Stuff’ & the prisoners were officially running the prison.”

He explained that while turmoil erupted, he can “remember feeling like I was in another country during military conflict.”

Everything to Know About Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling’s New Movie

Grab the popcorn, because the girl on the train and the gray man are joining forces for a new film.

Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling will star alongside one another in the upcoming movie The Fall Guy, per a Universal Pictures press release. As for when this film will hit theaters, the project is set to come out March 1, 2024.

So, we have some time before we get to watch Emily and Ryan in action. In the meantime, here’s everything to know about the project.

The Fall Guy is being directed and produced by Bullet Train and Deadpool 2‘s David Leitch. Also on the producing side is Ryan, Kelly McCormick (Bullet Train) and Guymon Casady (Game of Thrones).

While the plot has not yet been unveiled, the flick is inspired by the ABC TV series of the same title, per Deadline. And it’s in good hands as the 2024 movie is executive produced by Drew Pearce, Geoff Shaevitz and the creator of The Fall Guy television show, Glen A. Larson, per the release.

Author Salman Rushdie on Ventilator After Onstage Stabbing

Details about Salman Rushdie‘s condition have been revealed after he was stabbed onstage. 

The author’s agent, Andrew Wylie, told The New York Times on Aug. 12 that Rushdie was on a ventilator and could not speak.

“The news is not good,” the agent said. “Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged.”

Rushdie, 75, took to the stage at an event for the Chautauqua Institution in New York on Aug. 12. Soon after he arrived, a 24-year-old man allegedly jumped on stage and stabbed the novelist at least once in the neck and once in the abdomen, according to Major Eugene J. Staniszewski of the New York State Police, who spoke at a press conference on Aug. 12. 

Several staff and audience members got the suspect onto the ground and a trooper took him into custody, police said.

Rushdie, who was married to Padma Lakshmi from 2004 to 2007, was airlifted to a trauma center and underwent surgery, per police.

A League of Their Own Creators Already Have a Plan For Season 2

A League of Their Own might be stepping up to the plate for season two. 

The creators of the series, which premiered Aug. 12 on Prime Video, revealed they already have a plan in place for season two—and it could be here sooner than you think.

“We’ve already started writing and bringing the story for season two,” co-creator Will Graham said at the show’s Television Critics Association panel Aug. 12. “Our hope is to shoot in like, mid-spring.”

Graham went on to mention they “already know what we want to do with season two.”

Let’s cross our fingers that we’ll get a chance to see what they’re pitching over there, but in the meantime, season one has already made it to the big leagues.

“This is a show that is more than a show to all of us and to every single person in the cast…and we’ve been pinching ourselves the whole time just about what it means to get to tell these stories 30 years after the movie came out,” Graham said. “It’s been a life-changing experience and we already know what we want to do with season two.”

Why Mindy Kaling Says She Could Never Write Euphoria

Everybody’s high school experience is different—just ask Mindy Kaling.

The former star of The Office is a co-creator of Netflix’s Never Have I Ever, which just dropped its third season Aug. 12. The show follows Devi (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan) and her pack of eclectic friends as they attempt to navigate high school and adolescence in California’s San Fernando Valley. 

While the show deals with some tough real world issues—death, cultural differences, broken hearts—it’s undeniably more breezy and light-hearted than some of its contemporaries, namely HBO’s Euphoria.

Mindy said that’s absolutely by design.

“I love Euphoria and I think [creator] Sam [Levinson] is like a genius. I think he has a lot to say about things like sex and drug use and addiction and those are incredibly interesting, but we don’t have a ton of experience in that,” she told The Hollywood Reporter Aug. 11. “I watch that show on the edge of my seat, vicariously, but I feel like nerds lusting over guys is more what we feel comfortable writing about so that’s why we do this. We write about strivers and dorks and people who are underestimated.”

Alyssa Scott on “Verge of Tears” Remembering Baby Zen’s Brain Surgery

Nick Cannon Welcomes Baby No. 8 With Model Bre Tiesi

Alyssa Scott is remembering how different life looked one year ago.

The model shared an emotional message on her Instagram Story on Aug. 12, as she continues to mourn the loss of her and Nick Cannon‘s 5-month-old son Zen, who died from a brain tumor last year.

Alyssa recalled how her son’s health took a downturn, writing, “I can’t believe it’s been a year since what I thought would be a quick doctor visit turned into a 5 day hospital stay.” 

She said they “showed up at 9” and just a few hours later, Zen was having brain surgery at eight weeks old. 

“I will never be the same,” Alyssa said. “My body feels it. I’ve been on the verge of tears the last few days. Trying to keep a forward momentum.”

She shared a photo of her son wrapped in a blue blanket and wrote, “I miss my boy.” 

L.A. Lakers GM Testifies About Vanessa Bryant’s Emotional Distress

Per an Aug. 3 defendants’ trial brief obtained by E! News, the county of Los Angeles argued that Vanessa’s lawsuit is without legal merit. J. Mira Hamshall, an attorney representing L.A. County, defended the taking of photos at the crash site during the trial’s opening remarks on Aug. 10, saying it was “essential” to the investigation and that authorities have worked hard to make sure they remain confidential.

“They’re not online. They’re not in the media. They’ve never even been seen by the plaintiffs themselves,” she said, per Associated Press. “That is not an accident. That is a function of how diligent they were.”

She added the deputy who showed the crash scene images to a bartender had a “moment of weakness,” and that L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva immediately ordered for the deletion of the photos upon learning that they were stored on phones and computers.

During the trial’s opening statements on Aug. 10, Vanessa’s attorney Luis Li told the jury that officials “poured salt in an unhealable wound” by taking and sharing those photos. “They took close-ups of limbs, of burnt flesh,” the lawyer said, per Rolling Stone. “It shocks the conscience.”

Vanessa, who has been attending the courtroom proceedings since the start of the trial, is seeking damages for emotional distress in her suit

The Shocking True Story Behind Five Days at Memorial

Cook felt this was the best route of action, according to Fink, who wrote that he told her, “‘The humane thing would be to put ’em out.”’

What happened after the bodies were found?

Following a state investigation into the unusual death toll from Memorial, Dr. Pou and nurses Cheri Landry and Lori Budo were arrested in July 2006 in connection with the deaths of four LifeCare patients, as reported by the New York Times, who wrote that the charges against the nurses were later dropped in exchange for their testimony against Dr. Pou. (Landry and Budo haven’t publicly commented on the case.)

At the time of Pou’s arrest, her attorney Rick Simmons said she was “absolutely innocent” and asserted that Pou was just doing her job. “She volunteered for storm duty and stayed there for five days,” Simmons told The New York Times in July 2007, “and then the State of Louisiana abandoned the patients and the hospitals and everybody else.”

In July 2007, a grand jury refused to indict Dr. Pou on one count of second-degree murder and nine counts of conspiracy to commit second-degree murder, according to Fink, as they couldn’t definitively say that Pou had “a specific intent to kill.” The charges were expunged from Pou’s criminal record.

Since then, Pou has resumed practicing medicine. “As of the summer of 2022,” Fink wrote on her website, “she was practicing medicine as a head and neck oncologic surgeon in Louisiana.”