Alyssa Scott on “Verge of Tears” Remembering Baby Zen’s Brain Surgery

Nick Cannon Welcomes Baby No. 8 With Model Bre Tiesi

Alyssa Scott is remembering how different life looked one year ago.

The model shared an emotional message on her Instagram Story on Aug. 12, as she continues to mourn the loss of her and Nick Cannon‘s 5-month-old son Zen, who died from a brain tumor last year.

Alyssa recalled how her son’s health took a downturn, writing, “I can’t believe it’s been a year since what I thought would be a quick doctor visit turned into a 5 day hospital stay.” 

She said they “showed up at 9” and just a few hours later, Zen was having brain surgery at eight weeks old. 

“I will never be the same,” Alyssa said. “My body feels it. I’ve been on the verge of tears the last few days. Trying to keep a forward momentum.”

She shared a photo of her son wrapped in a blue blanket and wrote, “I miss my boy.” 

L.A. Lakers GM Testifies About Vanessa Bryant’s Emotional Distress

Per an Aug. 3 defendants’ trial brief obtained by E! News, the county of Los Angeles argued that Vanessa’s lawsuit is without legal merit. J. Mira Hamshall, an attorney representing L.A. County, defended the taking of photos at the crash site during the trial’s opening remarks on Aug. 10, saying it was “essential” to the investigation and that authorities have worked hard to make sure they remain confidential.

“They’re not online. They’re not in the media. They’ve never even been seen by the plaintiffs themselves,” she said, per Associated Press. “That is not an accident. That is a function of how diligent they were.”

She added the deputy who showed the crash scene images to a bartender had a “moment of weakness,” and that L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva immediately ordered for the deletion of the photos upon learning that they were stored on phones and computers.

During the trial’s opening statements on Aug. 10, Vanessa’s attorney Luis Li told the jury that officials “poured salt in an unhealable wound” by taking and sharing those photos. “They took close-ups of limbs, of burnt flesh,” the lawyer said, per Rolling Stone. “It shocks the conscience.”

Vanessa, who has been attending the courtroom proceedings since the start of the trial, is seeking damages for emotional distress in her suit

The Shocking True Story Behind Five Days at Memorial

Cook felt this was the best route of action, according to Fink, who wrote that he told her, “‘The humane thing would be to put ’em out.”’

What happened after the bodies were found?

Following a state investigation into the unusual death toll from Memorial, Dr. Pou and nurses Cheri Landry and Lori Budo were arrested in July 2006 in connection with the deaths of four LifeCare patients, as reported by the New York Times, who wrote that the charges against the nurses were later dropped in exchange for their testimony against Dr. Pou. (Landry and Budo haven’t publicly commented on the case.)

At the time of Pou’s arrest, her attorney Rick Simmons said she was “absolutely innocent” and asserted that Pou was just doing her job. “She volunteered for storm duty and stayed there for five days,” Simmons told The New York Times in July 2007, “and then the State of Louisiana abandoned the patients and the hospitals and everybody else.”

In July 2007, a grand jury refused to indict Dr. Pou on one count of second-degree murder and nine counts of conspiracy to commit second-degree murder, according to Fink, as they couldn’t definitively say that Pou had “a specific intent to kill.” The charges were expunged from Pou’s criminal record.

Since then, Pou has resumed practicing medicine. “As of the summer of 2022,” Fink wrote on her website, “she was practicing medicine as a head and neck oncologic surgeon in Louisiana.”

Anne Heche’s Son Homer Breaks Silence on Her Death

Anne Heche‘s son shared an emotional message after his mother’s death. 

“My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom,” her son Homer Laffoon said in a statement to E! News. “After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness.”

The actress—who remained in a coma after her car crash in Los Angeles last week—died on Aug. 12 at the age of 53.

Homer’s message continued, “Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom.”

“Over those six days, thousands of friends, family, and fans made their hearts known to me,” added the 20-year-old, whom Heche shared with her ex-husband Coley Laffoon. “I am grateful for their love, as I am for the support of my Dad, Coley, and my stepmom Alexi who continue to be my rock during this time.”

His message concluded, “Rest In Peace Mom, I love you, Homer.”

Rachel Riley’s tearful row with ‘frustrated’ husband Pasha amid ‘horrible online abuse’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Countdown star Rachel Riley has confessed that she had fights with her husband, former Strictly Come Dancing professional Pasha Kovalev, after anti-Semitic comments from online trolls had left her in tears. The star recalled how Pasha would become “frustrated” when she got upset and told her she was “not allowed to cry”. 

 

Ahead of 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown’s return, Rachel, 36, spoke candidly about the effect the cruel messages had on her relationship with husband Pasha, 42.

The star discussed the “horrible” abuse she received with Anna Whitehouse on her Dirty Mother Pukka podcast back in May this year.

She told Anna: “At one stage I spoke publicly on a podcast and it was like a tap had been turned on.

“Literally, it felt like someone had pressed a button and sent them all in my direction all at once,” she said, referring to the online hatred she had received when she publicly campaigned against anti-Semitism.

 READ MORE: John Cleese leaves BBC interview over line of questioning

“It was overwhelming and it was my birthday week and I just remember I was crying because something really horrible had happened,” Rachel remembered. 

“And Pasha was saying: ‘Look, if you’re going to do this, you’re not allowed to cry!’

“I think it was one of the only times we argued about it, actually, and he’s been so supportive and we talked about it and then he never said anything along that realm.”

She added: “He was just frustrated that he could see these horrible people getting to me.”

 

On Thursday, Jeremy’s former aide lost an appeal against a High Court libel ruling which ordered her to pay £10,000 damages to the television presenter following a Twitter spat.

The row began when the former Labour leader was hit with an egg during a visit to a mosque in March 2019.

Rachel posted a screenshot of a January 2019 tweet by Guardian columnist Owen Jones about an attack on former British National Party leader Nick Griffin, which said: “I think sound life advice is, if you don’t want eggs thrown at you, don’t be a Nazi.”

She added “Good advice”, with emojis of a red rose and an egg.

Later, Laura tweeted: “Today Jeremy Corbyn went to his local mosque for Visit My Mosque Day, and was attacked by a Brexiteer.

 

“Rachel Riley tweets that Corbyn deserves to be violently attacked because he is a Nazi. This woman is as dangerous as she is stupid. Nobody should engage with her. Ever.”

Rachel sued for libel, arguing that she was being sarcastic in her tweet, did not call Mr Corbyn a Nazi, and told the judge that Ms Murray’s tweet caused serious harm to her reputation.

Laura mounted an appeal against her defeat in the High Court libel trial, but Court of Appeal judges dismissed her challenge. 

Rachel has co-presented Channel 4’s Countdown since 2009 and its comedy spin-off 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown since 2012.

She met husband Pasha in 2013 after competing alongside him in BBC show Strictly Come Dancing and the pair later married in 2019, welcoming two children. 

Dirty Mother Pukka with Anna Whitehouse is available to stream here.

Sharon Stone, 64, showcases ageless figure as she struts in ‘badass’ red dress | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Sharon Stone looked absolutely sensational in a bold red dress that was covered in sequins. The impressive garment also featured jewels sewn to the plunging neckline and thin straps. 

Sharon accessorised the floor-length gown with a jewel-encrusted clutch bag and aviator sunglasses.

The Basic Instinct actress wore towering red high heels as she strutted through a corridor for the Instagram clip which was uploaded in May. 

As she walked with her stylists, Sharon said: “These are my ladies. These ladies made this dress. Now that’s badass!” 

The 64-year-old wore the gown to attend a screening of Elvis during the Cannes Film Festival. 

‘Sad day’ Ellen DeGeneres pens devastated tribute as ex-girlfriend Anne Heche dies | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Ellen dated Anne from 1997 to 2000, and after their split, Anne claimed she reached out to her ex “every day of her life” in a bid to make peace. 

“I think that it was a very difficult thing for her to trust that I was a woman who could fall in love with a woman, without being gay,” she told Perez Hilton on his YouTube channel.

“I think there was a lot to process, so I tried to make the process as simple as possible by quitting Hollywood, moving to Ohio, growing gardens, starting to write and direct with her – which I did in Sharon Stone’s movie of all things, called Misconception.

“But nothing would satisfy her soul,” Anne added.

Arnold Schwarzenegger health: Terminator star’s struggles after critical surgery | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Tonight, Arnold Schwarzenegger stars in the iconic 1990 classic Total Recall, which airs at 10.45pm on ITV. Also featuring Sharon Stone, the science-fiction thriller follows construction worker Douglas Quaid, who has been suffering from a series of harrowing visions about Mars. He soon finds out that the mysterious planet may actually hold the key to his true identity.

At the time of its release, Total Recall was heralded for its storytelling and special effects, the latter of which claimed an Academy Award in 1991.

It is among the most expensive films ever made and is as a result is considered responsible for the rise in movie costs.

It could be argued it was a price worth paying, as reviews aggregator Rotten Tomatoes named it among its 300 essential films to watch, while it was also listed in the book 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.

The film cemented Schwarzenegger’s status among Hollywood’s elite, and at the time he was among the biggest box office draws.

His appearances in the Terminator franchise, as well as Predator series, cemented his stardom, while he later showed his range by working in comedies such as Twins and Kindergarten Cop.

While his career has been celebrated, Schwarzenegger has spoken passionately about his health, and the pressure he endured as a former professional bodybuilder.

This included in 2018, when in an interview with CNN, the Golden Globe winner discussed how he felt after undergoing emergency open-heart surgery to replace a pulmonic valve.

He said: “I underwent open-heart surgery this spring, I had to use a walker.

JUST IN: Brigitte Nielsen talks surprising unexpected of having children late

His exploits in competition were highlighted during a 2016 interview with Hello Giggles, where the Austrian-born legend discussed how he would still do at least 30 minutes weightlifting a day.

He said: “When I looked in the mirror, I threw up. And I was already so critical of myself, even when I was in top physical shape.

“I’d look in the mirror after I won one Mr Olympia after another and think, ‘How did this pile of s— win?'”

Sadly, Schwarzenegger even admitted to “never seeing the perfection” of his physique.

He added: “There was always something lacking.

“I could always find a million things wrong with myself and that’s what got me back into the gym — because I started out with that mentality.”

However, Schwarzenegger explained that by exercising and keeping in his routine, he was able to take back control of his confidence.

This, he described, helped him both physically and mentally: “I do lack confidence, but I do the reps and do them enough that the thing itself will be doable when it’s time.

“When I was competing at bodybuilding, I did so many hours of reps — on the weights, practising the poses — that when I got onstage, I was comfortable and confident.”

Total Recall airs from 10.45pm on ITV tonight.

Kirsty Gallacher, 46, puts on jaw-dropping display in plunging bikini as she poses in pool | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

 

Kirsty smiled as she posed on the side of a dreamy-looking swimming pool, with a verdant, rural backdrop visible behind her. 

The presenter showed off her toned physique in a plunging triangle bikini featuring a black and white striped pattern.

The star was looking incredibly tanned and completed her summery look with a large pair of sunglasses and put her long dark hair in a ponytail.

She captioned the photo: “Last dip before home! The best week with family and friends, always sad to leave.” (sic)

Jennifer Aniston 53 dubbed ‘perfection’ as she shows off incredible figure in white bikini | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Jennifer Aniston gave fans a glimpse of her enviable figure as she donned a white bikini in new snaps.

The Friends star could be seen sitting in front of a mirror as her hairdresser, Chris McMillan, gave her a blow-dry.

She smiled at the camera as she wore a triangle bikini top and smart trousers.

The actress accessorised with a long necklace and a large watch.

Instagram users were stunned by the candid pics, including Nina who said: “Favourite of all time every time,” and Ashley who branded Jen “perfection”.