Coleen Rooney breaks silence amid Wagatha Christie trial to mark milestone with mum | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Coleen Rooney, 36, broke her silence on social media today amid her ongoing legal battle with fellow “WAG” Rebekah Vardy, 40. Coleen took to Instagram to pay tribute to her mum in a sweet post for her birthday.

Coleen posted an adorable picture with her mum for her birthday in view of her 925,000 Instagram followers.

The sweet black and white snap showed the pair smiling at a table, drinking some delicious-looking beverages.

Coleen captioned the picture: “Happy Birthday to an extremely special person, My Mum.

“Have the best time celebrating, I love you so much and appreciate everything you do for me and us all.”

“Happy birthday to your lovely mum,” Danielle Lloyd penned with a heart emoji.

While Magali Gorre left a couple of heart emojis under the post.

Coleen’s post comes as the explosive court battle between herself and Rebekah rages on.

The trial is almost at an end now, as all the witnesses have given evidence.

Court proceedings are expected to resume tomorrow, when the lawyers for both parties will deliver their closing speeches.

Rebekah, who is the wife of footballer Jamie Vardy, is suing fellow footballer’s wife Coleen for libel.

Coleen is married to former England footballer Wayne Rooney.

The spat between the pair began back in 2019, when Coleen accused Rebekah’s account of leaking stories from her private Instagram feed to the press.

Rebekah has denied these allegations and is currently suing Coleen for defamation following her claims.

Rebekah is a model and media personality, who has appeared on I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in 2017 and on Dancing on Ice in 2021.

Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has played for the England national team under Coleen’s husband Wayne.

Widely considered one of the best players of his generation, Wayne is the record goalscorer for both the England national team and Manchester United.

‘Just call me genius’ Holly Willoughby lets dog owners into poo bag dispenser trick | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

“Will be trying this first thing tomorrow.”

Holly launched her website, Wylde Moon, back in October 2021, in which fans get to experience the TV star’s spiritual side.

The lifestyle brand promotes homespun wisdom and alternative therapies as part of the new wellness movement.

Earlier this year, Holly saw the launch of Wylde Moon’s new perfume, proving the brand has gone from strength to strength.

Holly’s personal rebrand also saw her release her self-help manual, Reflections.

Jay Blades: The Repair Shop star bids farewell as he wraps up ‘final episode’ of TV show | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

The on-screen star said his colleagues were “over the moon” for him after he received his accolade.

“They have all said, ‘do we have to bow, do we have to curtsy to you?’ and stuff like that,” he said.

“I’ve just said there’s one request as long as they can bring me a biscuit with my cup of tea, that’s all I want.”

Jay said he spoke with Prince Charles about the importance of craft as part of a sustainable future.

The Repair Shop airs tonight on BBC One at 8pm.

‘The future right there!’ Dan Walker weighs in on his BBC Breakfast ‘replacement’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Dan Walker took to Twitter and addressed his temporary replacement on BBC Breakfast today. The broadcaster had been co-hosting the show alongside Sally Nugent, but is now moving across to present the news on Channel 5 after six years on the programme.

The 45-year-old spoke about his on-screen replacement on social media after bidding farewell to his BBC colleagues yesterday.

Retweeting a post from former co-star Sally, 50, he shared his thoughts, in view of his 758,800 followers, as Jon Kay stepped in and hosted Wednesday’s edition.

Earlier this morning, Sally had posted a selfie on the breakfast sofa with Jon, who is a BBC News correspondent and regularly presents on Breakfast.

“Morning everyone @BBCBreakfast @jonkay01,” Sally wrote with a smiling emoji, next to the photo of them both grinning at the camera.

In reaction to the tweet, Dan wrote: “The future right there [fingers crossed emoji] [trophy emoji].”

His fans and followers took to the comments section to share their thoughts as many viewers have suggested Jon should be made Dan’s permanent replacement.

Mike Sullivan wrote: “I love @jonkay01. Great choice if he’s picked to be your successor.

“Although, have the BBC allowed you to do what Man Utd allowed Fergie to do & pick who takes over??” he added with a grimace emoji (sic).

“@jonkay01 has done a great job on the show and fully deserves being your replacement,” added Doug Sanders.

Serenity Knutsford added: “It would be very well deserved. @jonkay01 has a reassuring, authentic nature to him and it’s always good to see him on @BBCBreakfast.”

Lucy Bustin commented: “For me, Jon is the man for the job. He’s funny and brings sunshine in the morning. Hope he gets the job.”

While Phil lamented: “I’m sure he’s a lovely guy but, he’s no Dan Walker.”

Dan said goodbye to BBC Breakfast yesterday, with his final episode capturing his last time hosting the show beside Sally on the red sofa.

The BBC has confirmed they are still searching for his replacement and there has been plenty of speculation over who might become the new permanent host alongside Sally.

Jon has been rumoured to take over from the broadcaster, as well as the likes of AJ Odudu, Mike Bushell and Gethin Jones.

The job is still being advertised on the BBC careers website until May 24.

Loose Women co-star’s threw ‘insults’, says Carol McGiffin before cancel culture outcry | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

“Everyone’s just offended by everything and it’s hard. It’s quite hard to work in television right now.”

Kate commented on her podcast, White Wine Question Time, that each day working on the show is a “tightrope” to avoid being cancelled.

Carol reiterated she does have a lot of fun working on Loose Women but added it is different being able to express an opinion now than in the early days of the programme.

She commented: “There is a thin line between being offended and people you have offended. People are just offended by anything even if it’s not directed at them.”

‘Not me!’ Helen Skelton hit by scammers after heartache over split from husband Richie | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

“He has left the family home. We will be doing our best to co-parent our small children.”

She shared two heartbreak emojis along with the message, showing her devastation over the situation.

Helen married Richie in December 2013 and the pair have three children together.

Until the announcement of the break-up, they appeared to the outside world to have the perfect marriage, with many expressions of their devotion on social media in recent weeks.

‘Made me smile’ Debbie McGee in emotional Paul Daniels post 6 years after husband’s death | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

TV and radio star Debbie McGee smiled with nostalgic delight when a fan posted a photo of a pin from a brain cancer charity bearing the face of her late husband, TV magician Paul Daniels. The pair had enjoyed an intense relationship after marrying when she was 30 and he was 50, but he sadly died of a brain tumour back in 2016.

@GemmaLeeWrites alerted Debbie to her find on Twitter: “Look what arrived! Found this gorgeous #pin in support of @braintumourrsch through @thedebbiemcgee.”

She added jubilantly: “A little magic for the lapel!”

Debbie replied with the simple sentiment: “That made me smile.”

Had he survived, Paul would now have been 83 years old – and Debbie remembers him fondly.

However, the weeks leading up to his death had been harrowing, with both of them in tears of anguish.

“This cruel disease stripped him of everything within a few short weeks to the point where he collapsed on the bathroom floor and I held him as he wept and asked me what was happening,” she explained.

Debbie noticed something wasn’t quite right when he was rehearsing for a pantomime back in 2015 – and her fears were soon proved to be tragically correct.

“Time was short – we had been given a prognosis of two months,” she explained while discussing his diagnosis.

However, his decline proved even swifter than that.

Sadly, Debbie recalled that “in the end we had just one month and five days”.

She agreed to tell her story to the charity Brain Tumour Research in the hope of raising awareness and funds for future sufferers of the condition.

Seeing the pin with her husband’s face emblazoned across it seemed to have given her hope that her goal was being reached.

Meanwhile, she addressed her husband again earlier this year on Good Morning Britain, while in conversation with Susanna Reid and Ed Balls.

She had been asked if she believed in the supernatural.

“No, not at all, Ed, the opposite!” she fired back immediately.

“I can’t have lived with a magician for 38 years and believe in things like that. So I’m really happy to act!”

In spite of that, she revealed candidly that she still feels her husband’s presence at times.

“I think when you have had somebody in your life for that long… that they become a part of you,” she explained.

“You do feel like they are still there. When something goes wrong in the house, Paul is always there.”

Sarah Jessica Parker ‘not ready’ to speak to Chris Noth amid sexual assault allegations | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

The show is being played at the Hudson Theatre in Manhattan and has been extended through its initial finish on July 10.

The couple share three children, James Wilkie, 19, and twin daughters, Marion and Tabitha, 12.

Prior to her marriage, Sarah was in a relationship with Robert Downey Jr from 1994 until 1991.

The former couple met on the set of First Born, with Sarah blaming his drug addiction for the demise of their relationship.

She told Entertainment Wise in 2006: “I believed I was the person holding him together.”

Rachel Riley stuns in low-cut top and skimpy shorts as she exits Countdown during heatwave | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Rachel Riley, 36, looked in good spirits as she was seen for the first time on Tuesday night since she explosively suggested that Strictly is “fixed” – a claim which has been denied by the show.

The presenter beamed as she left 8 Out Of 10 Cats filming in Manchester after causing commotion by saying that producers on the BBC dancing show “know who they want to win from the start”.

Stepping out, she put on a busty display in a white vest top and flashed her toned legs in black and silver-studded shorts.  

She completed her look with a knitted black cardigan and wore comfy white trainers and socks as she headed home.  

Blonde beauty Rachel wore her light tresses in a sleek ponytail and opted for a glamorous on-screen makeup look.

Rachel was laden down with shopping boxes and bags while leaving the TV studios.

It comes after last week, BBC bosses denied claims made by Rachel that Strictly Come Dancing is a fix and the winner is chosen by bosses.

Rachel was a celebrity contestant on Strictly back in 2013 where she was partnered with her now-husband Pasha Kovalev, 42.

Caroline Quentin ‘so disappointed’ by Bridgerton bosses as they never asked her to return  | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

This marks a change from the original source material, considering the third book in Julia Quinn’s series is about Benedict Bridgerton (Luke Thompson).

Discussing the progression of Penelope’s romance with Colin, Nicola revealed she was preparing for the raunchy sex scenes.

When asked if she felt ready to film the saucy scenes, she joked: “I’m gonna have to be.

“I’ve known for two weeks into filming season two, so I had a lot of time to adjust to it,” she said, saying that she was “scared” to talk about the news.